When did you last review your language access program? Whether you’re new to language services or want to improve upon your existing plan, CyraCom can help. We want to share our language services industry knowledge to help healthcare professionals communicate better with limited-English proficient (LEP) patients. Our new Language Access 101 course can help you provide better healthcare outcomes for your patients and stay compliant with Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act.
What you’ll learn:
- Compliance with major laws and major certification programs
- Section 1557
- Joint Commission
- DNV Accreditation
- Essential services: Interpretation services and translation and localization services
- When/how to use OPI & VRI (phone vs. video)
- How to make sure your staff is qualified, and what to expect with on-site vendor interpreters
- Getting the most value from translation & localization services
- Training and staff adoption for your facilities
- Best practices and cultural competency, such as how to interact with the DHOH, etc.
Why you should sign up:
CyraCom has been a language services industry leader for decades, hosting both local roundtable events and an annual Healthcare Language Services Summit for top language access professionals. We want to share what we’ve learned and the resources that we’ve developed to support language access programs across the US. In Language Access 101, we’ve included carefully researched white papers, case studies, and articles to help you boost your knowledge, encourage stakeholder buy-in, and create a custom plan for your facility.
How it works:
Over the course of six weeks, we’ll deliver twelve resource-packed emails directly to your inbox. You’ll receive the first email from CyraCom International the same day you sign up, so make sure to check your spam filter.
Ready to dive in?