In honor of International Translation Day on September 30, 2022, CyraCom’s team would like to highlight the many ways organizations can use translation to better connect with customers and patients. Translating and localizing marketing materials can help promote your products and services to the 10% of Americans who are limited-English proficient (LEP).
No matter your industry, you can grow your business by translating and localizing key information.
Which marketing materials should you translate?
When translating marketing materials, start with the most essential items your audience encounters. This may include:
- Websites, apps, & digital content
- Marketing campaigns, including advertisements, emails, & social media
- Brochures and other marketing collateral
- Video or e-Learning material subtitles, captions, or voiceover
Why should you translate marketing materials?
Beyond converting words from one language to another, you need translated text to have the same meaning and emotional significance. Professional translation and localization can help you make a positive impression and show your audience you care. Plus:
- Localized promotional content helps you communicate by selecting familiar words and phrases based on cultural knowledge and norms
- Your brand voice should be evident no matter which language potential customers prefer. Without a localized translation, you may portray your organization differently than intended.
How can you get the best translation possible?
Start with a clear, concise source document that evokes the message you want your audience to receive. Then choose a translation provider that delivers the high-quality service you need. For example, CyraCom offers:
- Human translators and editors: Human translators and editors understand language far better than current machine translation software options. CyraCom helps you localize your content, provide cultural understanding, and accommodate the literacy level of your audience for better communication.
- Subject matter expert (SME) linguists: No matter the industry you serve, technical terminology may not translate well. CyraCom’s SMEs understand specific vocabulary from the healthcare, insurance, banking, gaming, life sciences, hospitality, and legal
- An established quality assurance translation process: CyraCom stands out from competitors by including proofreading from a second linguist, which helps ensure your message is accurate and culturally appropriate. The last step of our quality assurance process includes a final review performed by your dedicated project manager.
- Third-party quality accreditations: CyraCom maintains four ISO accreditations for our language services:
- ISO 9001:2015 Certification - Quality Management System
- ISO 27001:2013 Certification - Information Security Management
- ISO 17100:2015 Certification - Translation Services
- ISO 13485:2016 Certification - Medical Device Translation
- Video: CyraCom’s Translation Portal
- 5 Questions to Ask Your Translation Provider
- Is ‘free’ machine translation worth the risk?
We're here to help
Contact our team at email@example.com today to ask questions or request a free translation quote.