Maintaining compliance with Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act helps you avoid costly fines, but more importantly, treat all patients with respect. Your organization needs to know how HHS’ Final Rule has changed over time to help ensure your facilities follow all requirements.
Like many of our clients, you may not have the extra time or resources to compare and contrast the 2016 and 2020 rulings—we can help.
ACA Section 1557 Final Rule
What's Changed & What's the same
CyraCom’s experts reviewed the final rule and created a new resource that outlines what’s changed and what’s the same. We cover the crucial Section 1557 language service requirements, including:
- Post a Notice of Nondiscrimination and Taglines
- Eliminate unqualified interpreters
- Provide qualified interpreters to patients/family members/spouses/partners
- Confirm that remote interpretation options are fully functional
- Train staff to understand the importance and consequences of 1557
How CyraCom can help
In addition to outlining the changes to these critical areas, we’ve provided additional resources to help you keep your language access plan compliant:
- CyraCom provides a complimentary and customizable “Interpreters are available” poster that you can easily fill in with your top language translation needs.
- Need documentation that your bilingual staff members are qualified? We offer assessments in over 45 languages.
- CyraCom qualifies our employee interpreters with our extensive interpreter training course.
- We have been offering VRI since 2009 and now offer over two-dozen languages. Your staff can reach CyraCom’s phone and video interpretation services from many different devices–including equipment that your facility already has, such as laptops, tablets, or mobile phones.
- With more than 25 years of experience, CyraCom’s language service experts have helped thousands of organizations execute their language access plans. Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help you with yours.
Ready to dive in? Check out the page here: